15 reasons why I’m a nature lover and will fight for the environment
Here are some of the reasons that I am proud to be a supporter of planting trees and keeping our world clean. Hopefully these will inspire you to begin taking small day-to-day steps to fight for the environment. (Photos by tentree ambassador @anpassey)
1) Emotional Health - Being in nature improves your mental and emotional health. I want to protect the things that keep me happy.
2) Physical Health - Nature improves your physical health, too. Breathing in fresh air while going on a mountain hike will not only clear your head and body of pollutants and toxins, but it will boost your aerobic health and make you stronger.
3) Pollution Hurts Us - When the earth is dirty and polluted, we are essentially making ourselves more sick too. Research has shown that we can develop cancer, asthma, heart disease, and other chronic diseases from pollution.
4) A Healthy Earth = Healthy People - As aboriginal activist Bobby McLeod once said: “When the earth is sick and polluted, human health is impossible…. To heal ourselves we must heal our planet, and to heal our planet we must heal ourselves.”
5) Resources - We rely on nature for resources, food, and shelter -- without it, we’d have nothing. Learning to conserve and protect this is vital for our own survival.
6) Rainforests - The earth naturally provides us with life-saving medicines, beautiful biodiversity, and healthy living. When we destroy rainforests, we’re depleting our own resources to save ourselves later on. This is just one of the many reasons why Tentree is paving the way to start rebuilding forests.
7) Oceans - In addition to many parts of the world relying on ocean fishing to eat, oceans are vast worlds that hold many secrets we don’t even fully understand. If we pollute our water and over-exploit marine fisheries (which is already happening), killing off many species of fish, we won’t have a chance to study the untouched world of the sea. Nor will we preserve the fish species we rely on for food.
8) Air - Air is the most essential building block of life, yet it’s the first thing to get hurt when we build cities, factories, highways. There are many ways to lower your own carbon footprint.
9) It Is Our Home - You like to keep a clean house and living space because it makes you feel good and healthy. On a very big scale, earth is our home. Even though we don’t own it, we should treat it as our ultimate home.
10) Everything Counts - I care because I know that even the little things matter a lot. Often great change starts from a small action, and if you start to live in a more environmentally-friendly way, soon others will follow. Start by being mindful and following these 10 easy ways to improve the environment on a day-to-day basis.
11) Living is Giving - Caring about nature makes you connect to something greater than yourself, and this brings more meaning to your life.
12) Our Kids - Your grandchildren and great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren will thank you for it. Do you want to be remembered as a person who followed the crowd and went the easy route in being careless about the earth, or do you want to be the one who was way ahead of their time and took steps to conserve the most precious thing we have?
13) The Earth Is Alive - The earth is a living, breathing work of art. We should treat it as an ancient masterpiece that can’t be recreated any other way.
14) We Can Make A Difference - We can solve many of the world’s major problems by being more mindful towards our environment. Sustainable living and reducing air or water pollution will impact millions of people around the world.
15) It's Up To Us - If you don’t stand up for the world, no one will. So don’t be afraid to tell people to stop idling their car, or to pick up their trash. It will make a difference!The post 15 reasons why I’m a nature lover and will fight for the environment appeared first on tentree.