The Number Ten: Spring Songs to Reawaken the Soul
If you’re anything like me, the long, grey, cold Winters can really bring you down. Spring is when I start to feel life back in me again and anything that feels that good needs a soundtrack. I’ve put together a playlist that includes all the good things Spring brings (say that 5 times fast): sun, nature, inspiration, motivation, optimism, and of course, music. So, get out there! Get energized and moving and reawaken your souls!
1. Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6j4TGqVl5g Little darling, it’s been a long cold lonely winter Little darling, it seems like years since it’s been here
Let’s kick it off with a classic, shall we? I don’t think a Spring has passed for me yet that I haven’t caught myself humming this lovely tune.
2. Dirty Paws - Of Monsters and Men https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrWd0m7pmq8 And for a while things were cold, they were scared down in their holes. The forest that once was green, was coloured black by those killing machines.
I’m not quite sure why but this song always gives me a sort of children’s book visual when I listen to it. I think of all the wonderful creatures we share the earth with and need to help protect. Used in the movie trailer for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
3. Lightning Tent - Wildlife https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Ayt9F0X6M Looks like we’ve gone too far In a matter of time you’ll all be stars
Last year, Corona started their Live Mas Fina outlook and used this song (by a new Canadian indie band, no less) in a very inspirational set of commercials that reminded me very much of tentree’s own standards. Will you Live Mas Fina?
4. Follow The Sun – Evermore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV3hLI-GUY4 I saw you in a dream last night Amongst a crowd of black and white And as you smiled colours burst into life and shadows go
I think it says a lot when a song makes me want to take up running. I feel so full of energy and life that I can see myself taking the leap for a bungee jump or skydive (something that still remains on my Bucket List).
5. Better Man – The Elk Tribe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Hpvlqz1Q4 I’m moving on to another land. The sun shines brighter you will understand. I pack my bags and I’m headed west. I’ll get by, by myself.
I’m shamelessly promoting a band from my home town with this one, but with good reason: they’re excellent. They’re working hard filming a music video, printing t-shirts, and booking gigs before they release their first album this summer. Be sure to give them a listen and check out their other song, Willow Tree.
6. Drop in the Ocean – Hudson Taylor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSiVFM-1Spo I don’t want a world at war, so let me go It’s just a thought that I throw on the ocean
We all feel small and insignificant sometimes. Just try and remember that we’re all connected and interacting and part of a grander whole. That knowledge alone makes me feel pretty big. This track is still available for free download on Hudson Taylor’s Facebook page.
7. My Day – Alan Doyle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwHeqR7H0cw Let the sun shine or let it rain I’m walking in good time, come what may
Life can throw many challenges your way and only you can decide how it all affects you. Remember what a difference a pleasant person can make for us when we’re having a bad day, and be that person for someone else.
8. Go Do – Jonsi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5VgLOs0LwQ Tie strings to clouds, Make your own lake, let it flow Throw seeds to sprout, Make your own break, let them grow
Another song that fills me with motivation to do something I’ve never done before. The feeling of invincibility must be like joy taking flight. Oh my, am I channeling my inner Oprah? Jonsi is also the frontman for the band Sigur Ros.
9. Brand New Day – Kodaline https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtNrCE_RNp0 Think of all the places we could be Think of all the people we could meet
This was kind of my theme song for my first real trip this past Fall. A lot of travels firsts happened after years of dreaming and now that I’ve had a taste, I can’t wait for more. The beginning of another year holds more possibilities and opportunities than we can ever imagine.
10. I Lived – OneRepublic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB57GYkTSfA I owned every second that this world could give I saw so many places, the things that I did
If we’ve only got this one life to live, what are you waiting for? Own it. See it. Do it. Love it. Live it. You won’t regret it.
Honorable Mention: I Love The Whole World – Discovery Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJvJaad-LS4 I love the mountains, I love the clear blues skies I love big bridges, I love when great whites fly
Because the world is just awesome and you know you love it.The post The Number Ten: Spring Songs to Reawaken the Soul appeared first on tentree.
ten trees planted for
every item purchased
At tentree, our goal is to become the most environmentally progressive brand on the planet. We don’t want to just reduce the negative impact of the apparel industry, we want to use it as a vehicle for change. Our purpose is to revitalize our environment and inspire a generation to believe that they can do the same.
Our goal is to plant 1 billion trees by 2030.
For early access, exclusive discounts and the chance to plant more trees, sign up for the chance to be a tentree ambassador.