We get it. You put all this thought into finding the perfect gift, and you want it to look the part. Gift wrap happens — so let’s offset it. This climate+ package assumes 4 rolls of wrapping paper used per year. Just make sure to recycle your gift wrap and reuse it whenever you can! .
What Does Climate+ Mean?
How Can We Do Better?
- •Turning your thermostat down by 2 degrees.
- •Wearing clothes more than once before washing them.
- •Bike, walk or ride the bus to work!
- •Switch over to LED bulbs and smart appliances.
- •Try buying local, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- •Use waxed cloth instead of plastic wrap for food.
- •Remember your reusable bags, mugs and cutlery for all outings.
The Impact Of Trees
What Does Offsetting Mean To tentree?
Where Do We Plant Your Trees?
1kg of paper generates 3.5kg of CO2
Assuming every roll of wrapping paper weighs about 1kg and that every family uses 4 rolls per year we have a total of 4kg of wrapping paper used every year per family.
1kg x 4 rolls = 4kg per year
Let’s assume this amount of paper is used over 80 years, this would mean 320kg of wrapping paper is used over a lifetime.
80years x 4kg = 320kg of paper
If we multiply 320 kg by 3.5kg of CO2 per kg we get a total of 1,120 kilograms of CO2 over a person's lifetime.
320kg x 3.5kg = 1,120 kg
To go from kg to metric tons we use a conversion factor of 0.001 we get a value of 1.12 MT of CO2
0.001 x 1,120kg = 1.12 MT of CO2
Link - Weight of wrapping paper - https://www.amazon.ca/Hallmark-Reversible-Wrapping-Paper-Brights/dp/B073Z16GX7/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=Roll+of+Wrapping+Paper&qid=1603674772&sr=8-9
Link - Paper Use - https://www.gwp.co.uk/guides/christmas-packaging-facts/