Mangroves are short, bushy trees that grow in saltwater along coastlines and in intertidal zones. These small trees are the best in the world at sequestering carbon dioxide, and provide shelter for species of all kinds — including several types of fish, birds and invertebrates.
What Does climate+ Mean?
How Can We Do Better?
- •Turning your thermostat down by 2 degrees.
- •Wearing clothes more than once before washing them.
- •Bike, walk or ride the bus to work!
- •Switch over to LED bulbs and smart appliances.
- •Try buying local, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- •Use waxed cloth instead of plastic wrap for food.
- •Remember your reusable bags, mugs and cutlery for all outings.