Agroforests are trees that are strategically placed around crops and livestock to provide shade and nutrients. These trees help draw nitrogen out of the air and enrich the soil around them. And as they grow, their root systems help prevent erosion and keep the ground arable for future generations.
What Does climate+ Mean?
How Can We Do Better?
- •Turning your thermostat down by 2 degrees.
- •Wearing clothes more than once before washing them.
- •Bike, walk or ride the bus to work!
- •Switch over to LED bulbs and smart appliances.
- •Try buying local, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- •Use waxed cloth instead of plastic wrap for food.
- •Remember your reusable bags, mugs and cutlery for all outings.